
Map taken from Google Earth.
Here's a little map of the route I took.
Here's a little map of the route I took.
Point 1 Iluma Shopping centre
I would say that this place looks rather small on the outside. I was about to step into the mall, a particular shop caught my eye. TeaDot was its name. The feeling it gave me was very much like the feeling of being in any Starbucks outlet. Rather expensive place I would say. The moment I stepped in I was greeted by the cashier. He was extremely polite and asked me if I needed a recommendation. The customer service there was excellent. He recommended something called Passion Blossom which was Ceylon tea with a hint of passion fruit. When I first took a sip, I was quite shocked because the taste of the tea was extremely strong. I think I destroyed the taste of the tea as I took the second sip. It was mostly undiluted passion fruit syrup. Thereafter there was only the bland taste of tea. I will give it a try again sometime making sure I stir it up properly. As I stepped into the mall, it felt like I was stepping into a HUGE cave. A very nicely decorated cave. The price of things here is rather steep but there are some very interesting things inside. It would be much better if more units were actually rented out. Found this shop called Cheeky Chocolates. Will definitely try it out when I find the time to.
TeaDot
Passion Blossom
BAD Camera!
TeaDot
Passion Blossom
BAD Camera!Point 2 CHIJMES
As we would all expect from this place, quiet, expensive and a wedding to wish for at the church. During the day its quite deserted. So there isn't much to see except the exorbitant prices on the menus outside the restaurants.
Point 3 Funan The I.T. Mall
Being the geek I am, I just HAD to visit Funan. This place... Its just the place to go if you cannot stand Sim Lim Square's crowd, noise and the big mess it is. I would say the prices here are not VERY good but still better than your usual specialised store in the other malls. Nice to see, nice to touch but once you buy it, you'll start finding cheaper things elsewere.
Point 4 Padang
The last time I actually set foot on the Padang was in 2005. It was a much more relaxed and calm feeling stepping into the Padang in civilian clothing compared to the stresses which came from marching on the actual National Day Parade in Scout uniform.
Point 5 Marina Square
I would say I do not like this place very much. It's way too noisy and crowded for comfort. There's a shop which does massage and fish therapy on the outside of the building though. Might be the place to go if you're old and aching all over.
Point 6 Millenia Walk
What a boring place! Perhaps it's because I simply cannot afford a single thing from most of the boutiques there. Only two shops caught my eye. Candy Empire and a hobby shop which specialises in static models. All of your modelling need in a single high rental location. Great combination for extremely high prices. But it's all eye candy from the outside. Meeting your millitary and commercial needs.
Point 7 Some Creepy Looking Alley
I've been here once before and found that many shops were not open. Came back today and once again many were closed. Maybe it's the public holiday. I shall come back another day. It's filled with rather interesting stores although most were dealing with female clothes.

Point 8 Sim Lim Square
The geek in me needs a laptop cooler! There is no better place to find cheap things. On the way to this famillar place, I encountered a rather interesting sign. I did my usual walking around the building in search for a cheap decent looking laptop cooler. After looking high and low I settled down with a 19 dollar one. The shop can be found beside the escalator on the third floor. Some other recommendations include Best Bargains on the fifth floor. Its the place to go if you are looking for memory cards. Best price for any capacity.
As we would all expect from this place, quiet, expensive and a wedding to wish for at the church. During the day its quite deserted. So there isn't much to see except the exorbitant prices on the menus outside the restaurants.
Point 3 Funan The I.T. Mall
Being the geek I am, I just HAD to visit Funan. This place... Its just the place to go if you cannot stand Sim Lim Square's crowd, noise and the big mess it is. I would say the prices here are not VERY good but still better than your usual specialised store in the other malls. Nice to see, nice to touch but once you buy it, you'll start finding cheaper things elsewere.
Point 4 Padang
The last time I actually set foot on the Padang was in 2005. It was a much more relaxed and calm feeling stepping into the Padang in civilian clothing compared to the stresses which came from marching on the actual National Day Parade in Scout uniform.
Point 5 Marina Square
I would say I do not like this place very much. It's way too noisy and crowded for comfort. There's a shop which does massage and fish therapy on the outside of the building though. Might be the place to go if you're old and aching all over.
Point 6 Millenia Walk
What a boring place! Perhaps it's because I simply cannot afford a single thing from most of the boutiques there. Only two shops caught my eye. Candy Empire and a hobby shop which specialises in static models. All of your modelling need in a single high rental location. Great combination for extremely high prices. But it's all eye candy from the outside. Meeting your millitary and commercial needs.
Point 7 Some Creepy Looking Alley
I've been here once before and found that many shops were not open. Came back today and once again many were closed. Maybe it's the public holiday. I shall come back another day. It's filled with rather interesting stores although most were dealing with female clothes.

Point 8 Sim Lim Square
The geek in me needs a laptop cooler! There is no better place to find cheap things. On the way to this famillar place, I encountered a rather interesting sign. I did my usual walking around the building in search for a cheap decent looking laptop cooler. After looking high and low I settled down with a 19 dollar one. The shop can be found beside the escalator on the third floor. Some other recommendations include Best Bargains on the fifth floor. Its the place to go if you are looking for memory cards. Best price for any capacity.





