Introvert Speaks
Talkative Introvert
Radio Telephony Exam
Friday, May 22, 2009
Finally, my first exam at CAAS(Civil Aviation Authority Of Singapore). You'd either love them, hate them, or fear them. After all, they are the ones who decide if you get your licences no matter ground or air crew. My dad sent me to Changi today. The meeting time was supposed to be 0800h at Burger King in Terminal Two(T2) but as usual, I arrived early. Extremely early... Say... 0715h? So I decided to walk around and explore a little even though many would have seen much of the airport already.

First stop, Sky Train station at T2. The train looks rather futuristic on first impressions but after noticing the huge unsightly tyres under the train, the feeling just faded. The new train's internal design was somewhat similar to the old Sky Train's interior just that a little nicer compared to the old one but in my opinion, the old speeding Sky Train was much more fun to be in. This one was a beautiful view of the airport's main structure.
Sky Train station - Terminal Two.


First person view from inside the train.


Singapore Tower VHF wun wun ait dey-see-mal six
For those who are wondering what all that crap is, it's the frequency of Changi Airport's Air Traffic Control Very High Frequency 118.60mhz


A rather interesting track layout.


A nice looking airport hotel called Crownie Plaza.
The Marys out there might be wondering why it does not resemble a crown one bit.


Terminal Three(T3).

Once I was in T3, walked straight to the little robotic arm called Daisy. Here's a little description of Daisy:

Daisy

Medium : Fibreglass propeller with steel pipe pedestal
Year : 2007

Daisy celebrates Singapore's significance in international air and sea travel. This symbolised by the Daisy's propeller which is a central element of both air and sea travel. Its visual resemblance to a flower in bloom serves to highlight the tropical richness of Singapore's flora.

Daisy is an interactive installation marrying a fibreglass ship propeller and a high -precision industrial robotic arm. light sensors mounted along its 13-meter height sense the presence of onlookers and enable Daisy to move interactively in accordance to the movements of the onlookers.

Looks like a huge fan doesn't it?


Hmm... I accidentally cut the top of the word Daisy off.
This picture in layman's terms - It 'looks' like a propeller both aeroplanes and ships. Plus, It show that Singapore is a floral city.

If you ask me, I am quite sure many of us would very much appreciate this out of a robotic arm compared to Daisy.



As I walked around T3, I noticed a few things.

The economic downturn.
Maybe it's just because T3 is not in full swing yet.


A REAL desk job.
One where you sit all day looking at people walk by.


From the outside and...


From the inside!

Moving on, I just HAD to take a picture of this HUGE Kinder Surprise Sebastian was talking about a few days before. Mind you, that thing costs a whopping $34.50! And who could forget the viewing galleries every pilot wannabe has sat at for hours at a time just watching planes take off and land, wishing they were the pilot in command.


Is that a newborn baby DINOSAUR?


Singapore International Airlines loves the new terminal.

Then it was off to meet the guys at Burger King. Surprisingly, there was no one there yet. Well, it was slightly before 0800 and there was no one around so more walking. I found out today that Changi Airport loves fans a lot even though they are fully air conditioned. I also saw this rather sad sight at the viewing gallery of T2. I couldn't help but wonder if it was just dirty windows or was it the cause of my many cancelled flights. I just had this feeling that it was because I was around.



This fan is contributed by the beloved kids toy Lego.
It moves too!


I HATE HAZE AND BAD WEATHER!

After that, it was off to CAAS for the exams after all of them arrived rather late. I had thought that it would be a rather formal place in CAAS but look at the deserted place we had our exams at! Once we were done with the extremely easy to score papers with a passing mark of 75%, it was back to T3 for Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits! As always, one should love animals - THEY'RE SO TASTY!


So you think it's glamorous...


Think again.


Popeye's Chicken & Biscuits
Because real chicken is more expensive then 'chicken'.

Popeye's chicken tasted great. Quite often chicken breasts would taste rather dry and hard. Surprisingly, the chicken here was not so. The chicken breasts were comparable to it's drumsticks. Its a seven bucks well spent! Then, back to the boring thing the commoner would call school.

Adding on, a little song I found on YouTube while randomly surfing. It's going to be stuck in my head for some time.

Funny Bear French Version - Gummibär



Attention!
The Introvert Speaks is a highly 56K unfriendly site. It consists of pictures you don't want to see and journeys you would be too lazy to try out!

The Audiophile In Me