Introvert Speaks
Talkative Introvert
M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E!
Sunday, August 16, 2009

At long last, I finally decided that it’s time to own a gaming mouse. Razer has always been a reputable brand but in the end, it was Logitech that won me over again. Comparing the Logitech MX 518 and the Razer Krait, the Logitech seemed the more value for money choice.

2_5

The Black and…

 1449.1.0

The white.

 

Specification

  Logitech MX518 Razer Krait
DPI 1800 1600
Resolution 5.8Megapixel/Second 5.8Megapixel/Second
Acceleration 15G 15G
Price SGD 48 SGD 49

Selling points

Logitech MX518 Razer Krait
8 button design Three independently programmable Hyperesponse™ buttons
Right-Handed Comfort Grip Ergonomic ambidextrous design
Smooth maneuvering Gold plated USB connector

 

Looking at the differences in specifications, the only differences were 200 DPI and 1 dollar. On other selling points, I felt that Razer has nothing much to boast because after all it’s just a normal mouse with steroid sensors. I’ve tried using the Krait once in school thanks to Zacqary and did not really like the feel of the mouse – it was way too flat and my hand did not fit into it properly. The gold USB connector is a fraud too. The simple reason to why you don’t see USB’s outer case gold plated is because the outer portion of the port does not carry any form of current or signals making the Krait look sound rather… Well, the Krait HAS its good points too. I’ve seen it being used for over a year now and it’s still going strong without signs of it wearing out.

The Logitech MX518 has not proven itself to me yet nor has it shown me it’s bad points. So far all is good and its flexibility has made me feel that it was the right choice after all. Comfort levels and sensitivity are high, lag times low and nothing to complain about… YET. Maybe except for the annoying cables which I never liked it ANY mouse.

Logitech

I always like a good driver to play around with.

Now finishing off some great music. It’s not something everyone will like though. Here’s Avenged Sevenfold with A little Piece Of Heaven.



Attention!
The Introvert Speaks is a highly 56K unfriendly site. It consists of pictures you don't want to see and journeys you would be too lazy to try out!

The Audiophile In Me