I have never thought well of Creative Technologies ever since the MP3 wars a few years back. Creative always appeared to be copying Apple’s ideas.
Well that was then. Now, my impression of both companies have taken a complete 180 degrees change. I realised that all along, Apple has been using aesthetics to pull people into getting completely addicted to their products. What people do not see is that Apple products are made in such a way that it does enough to get you hooked although it could be so much better, Apple just creates suspense whenever a new product is about to be launched and in truth, this new product only has a couple of extra features compared to the previous models making it not all that worth it to buy after all.
Okay. On to the topic today, the Creative X-Fi Surround 5.1 USB Soundcard (Don’t face palm yourself I know I’m an audio freak). Well if you have heard the X-Fi technology, you’d either love it or hate it and of course there are those who can’t hear the difference at all. Some people say the sound is too syntactic , too processed, too fake, but, to me with my entry level gear, it really enhances the sound a great deal. What X-Fi does is to make your bass sound a tad louder, and your highs such as vocals and guitars sound clearer. Overall, X-Fi does a good job on enhancing the sound.
Good looks.
Good connectivity.
Till I get some real audiophile gear, this little guy is going to stick with me for some time at least till I go out of the 5.1 range.
For anyone looking to improve their audio experience, no matter for music, movies or games, this is the most value for money solution. X-Fi for you at only SGD89.


