Feeling the wind blowing against my face, the heat from the engine flowing into my skin and the plane's suspension shaking as I stepped off the aircraft on 9th February 2010, I wondered when will be the next time I'll be able to get this nostalgic feeling again. The seriousness of an examination was still surrounding me but I just could not help but feel this awful hole in my heart. It was 11A.M. and just an hour later it'll all be over. No more early morning flights, no more skipping class and no more feeling on top of the world.
It all started out on 22nd October 2008 when I first stepped into flying as an official student. From the beginning I was determined. Determined but unsure if I would be one of those privileged enough to be able to finish the race. It was a dream that seemed so far away. The odds were against me. There were so many who tried but of which, few succeeded. The fear of messing up a flight gripped me all the time. Even so, I enjoyed the time in the air. Even though my instructor was strict, even though there were many things to be done and learnt, I enjoyed every second of it.
As I shook the tester's hand, I was filled with mixed feelings. At that very moment, he gave me all I have been working for and at the same time, he took away an extremely important part of my life.
Goodbye flying... For now.
And one more thing,
TAKE THAT you assholes who didn't believe in me.
RAAAAAAARRRRRR!!!


